Would you like to launch the 2019-2020 academic year with a whole school Learning to Learn Week based on your school’s ethos, values and vision as a way of equipping all children with all they need to succeed and preparing your school to embrace the new Ofsted Framework?
Marcelo Staricoff has over twenty years’ experience as an author, teacher, senior leader and headteacher and regularly leads nationally and internationally. All ideas presented are illustrated with real examples from children and established systems in schools. ‘The course was inspirational to the point of transformational’ (Headteacher, Isle of Man)
ESTABLISHING A WHOLE SCHOOL LEARNING TO LEARNING CULTURE
• The Joy of Not Knowing- Learning to love learning by embracing not knowing
• How to establish a ’Learning to Learn Week’ and ideas to include in it
• The school as a ‘Learning to Learn’ community; values, children’s rights, lifelong learning dispositions and links with families
• The areas for greatest learner impact- previewing, motivating, modelling, engaging, encouraging, intellectual playfulness, feedback and metacognition
• Students as Leaders of their own learning and of school improvement; children writing their own version of the school development plan
A CREATIVE & CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS APPROACH TO LEARNING
• Models of Learning, Thinking Pages & Image of the Week
• Thinking Skills Starters and Thinking in Playgrounds
• Concept & Fortune Lines, Mind Maps, Traffic Lights, De Bono’s Hats
• Challenge in the curriculum and a thinking skills approach to home learning
PHILOSOPHICAL ENQUIRY & THE LIFELONG LEARNING DISPOSITIONS
• Philosophy in the curriculum; inquisitive learning, philosophical learning objectives, why books, critical thinking, fermi questions
• Lifelong learning dispositions; creative, curious, collaborative, resilient, resourceful and reflective learners
DESIGNING A LEARNING TO LEARN WEEK UNIQUE TO YOUR SCHOOL
• Practical workshops that illustrate each of the initiatives described
• Constructing your school’s bespoke and personalised Learning to Learn Week and deciding what each day will include
• Ensuring your school has all it needs to be able to launch the academic year with a Learning to Learn Week
• Focus on strategies that embrace the new Ofsted Framework
• Sharing resources and establishing collaborative support available to participants from the JONK Thinking and Learning network of schools
• Promoting action research and CPD; discussing how Marcelo Staricoff could model these initiatives in your classrooms.
The day will introduce participants from Nursery to Y6 to initiatives that are easy to implement and that enable all children to thrive and to become successful individuals, creative, critical and philosophical thinkers, intrinsically motivated lifelong learners and effective global citizens.
Monday 1st July 2019
9am - 3pm
£100 per school - there is no limit on the number of delegates per school
Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT).